Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Story number one: When Jacob was born we bought a Dutailier glider. We decided to splurge a little and get a pretty nice one so we could use the same one for "all" the kids. We absolutely LOVE the glider and are so glad we got it. Then comes the move. Somehow, we managed to lose a part that looks like the one below. Basically, the chair can't be put back together without both of them. (side note: the only reason we even took it apart was because it wouldn't fit through the door) So, we tried to get in contact with a dealer (Dutailier doesn't want contact with customers at all) and they say that Dutailier won't respond to their e-mails (the only way for the dealer to get in contact with them). What a customer service nightmare! I want to report them to the BBB or something. argh! Anyway, we took matters into our own hands and had the part made at the Salt Lake Mill (down the road from our house). The people were very friendly and when I asked the guy how much it was going to cost, he replied, "uhhh...how does five dollars sound?" haha. The happy ending...our chair works again!




Story number two: Last week I was feeding Jacob some cottage cheese and realized I need to do something to start getting dinner ready. So, I put down the bowl on the table and went about my business. After a minute I heard the spoon fall to the floor and turned around. I wasn't sure whether it had just fallen or Jacob knocked it over. Either way I assumed the bowl would still be safe. Wrong assumption. A few minutes later I turned around to the happiest baby on the block shoving his mouth full of as much cottage cheese as he could get his hands on. Silly boy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm glad that your glider was fixable. What made you think to go there? Heavenly Father probably helped you.

Cute Jacob! I bet he had so much fun making a mess. Just be glad you could clean things up easily.

Bri said...

Your boy is adorable. I hope Utah is treating you well. Glad you got your chair fixed!